Skip to toolbar

Home Forums Blockchain discussion Is it too late to call it Bookchain?

Is it too late to call it Bookchain?

This channel is an extension of our Blockchain Lab. Here you can have your say, post your ideas, comment on what you see or contact us for further information, projects and, possibly, collaboration. Let's work together to steer the new technological paradigm in favor of better books!

Home Forums Blockchain discussion Is it too late to call it Bookchain?

RSS Feed
5 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Nane Cantatore 4 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Maggie .
    Participant

I have been trying really hard to become interested in and to understand blockchain. The word is alienating and sounds like medicine. I think interest would spike if it sounded more accesible and less technical.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Nane Cantatore
    Keymaster

Well, blockchain is already ba well-established term and clearly rings a bell to a lot of people. So, it’s better to call what we are doing now as our blockchain lab, manifesto or whatever, as it defines our attempt to understand what can we do with this technology.

However, since the things that we are trying to do are, ultimately, books, then we could use a new word to name this new stuff. Actually, I’m not really so much in love with chains (BDSM not being exactly my thing) so, to define the idea of an open, participated production and distributipn pipeline for books and the open multy-layered objects it could generate, I’d prefer our good old house name of Booklines.

Never trust the teller, trust the tale

Nane Cantatore, tale-teller@StreetLib

Maggie .
    Participant

I like Booklines. Or book Pipeline. They sound more trustworthy and transparent.

Nane Cantatore
    Keymaster

Booklines could define our multi-layered, open, updatable, upgradable, participated and generally speaking super-cool version of digital books, made possible by our (super-cool) application of the blockchain technology.

The pipeline is the collaborative framework where authors, readers, professionals and other (super-cool) stakeholders work together to create our (super-cool) Booklines!

Have I used the word “super-cool” a sufficient number of times? Anyway, this is really super-duper super-cool!

Maggie .
    Participant

I use super-cool a lot too. I like it.

I think we need a video explaining bookline, book pipeline and blockchain, with visual examples and lots of slow talking.

Nane Cantatore
    Keymaster

Great idea, Maggie. Let me just cross-check our schedules with David Lynch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password
Font Resize

@

Not recently active